Environment, Health and Safety Practitioner
12 months, full-time, hourly-paid, Zurich, Switzerland
Baden Consulting provides consulting, training and auditing services mainly in the fields of Health & Safety, Environmental (HSE/EHS) and Quality Management. We are the Swiss member of Inogen, a global alliance of EHS consulting companies with over 200 offices around the world. Our clients are mainly large multinational corporations from various sectors.
We have received a request from a very famous tech company (which needs to remain confidential for now) for a Zurich-based mid-level EHS practitioner familiar with Swiss regulations, who could also provide Prague and London locations with remote support as needed. The position would be a full-time, 12-month assignment (possibly with the option to renew if the candidate performs well). The client is targeting a June/July 2020 timeframe for a start date.
The facility is most likely a mix of office and small R&D labs that support product development and testing, with little by way of chemicals.
This role may cover the following responsibilities:
- Perform general health and safety walkthroughs and auditing on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Develop training and written procedures.
- Develop risk assessments and safe operating procedures for equipment and chemical use, including but not limited to personal protective equipment (“PPE”) hazard assessment.
- Maintain site equipment and chemical inventory maintenance.
- Host monthly safety committee meetings.
- Participate in emergency planning and business continuity with facilities and risk management.
- Review new research equipment, automated equipment, equipment moves, and lifts, including equipment installations and commissioning of equipment.
- Provide ongoing updates of projects and status to Corporate.
- Implement and adjust corporate programs and training materials to adhere to requirements specific to the local regulations.
You should be fluent in English and German and familiar with Swiss EHS legislation. You should also have some exposure to or background in machine guarding and robotics.
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.